Hoot, Hoot, Hooray for charming little owls. Create a flock of friendly pincushions. Layer face details to discover each owl’s unique personality. 6″ or 7.5″ tall.
Edgar Owl & Poe
SMALL or LARGE OWL (6” or 7.5” tall)*
• 1/4 yd fabric (or 1 fat quarter) for owl body
• 1/8 yd fabric (or 3”h x 10”w scrap) for face & front side of ear tufts
• 1/8 yd fabric for SMALL OWL—1/4 yd for LARGE OWL—(or 5”h x 14”w scrap) for chest &underside of wings
• 1/8 yd fabric (or 4”h x 10”w scrap) for feet
• 3/8 yd light-weight, fusible, woven interfacing for SMALL OWL—1/2 yd for LARGE OWL—18”+ wide (optional, but highly recommended)
• Wool-blend felt scraps (2 to 6 colors recommended for beak, shoulder feathers, eyelids & brows, plus cream felt for eyes)
• 2 buttons for eyes, 5/8” wide
• Stuffing & thread
Pins, scissors, pinking shears, water-soluble marker, iron, ironing board, seam sealant, stuffing tool (such as Stuffing Fork™), needle, extra-long needle (such as dollmaker’s needle)
Fabrics shown are Heather’s Clementine collection for Free Spirit™ (coming in March/April 2015), along with Heather Bailey wool-blend felts.
* Suitable fabrics include quilting-weight cotton, light-weight decorator fabric, and other light- to medium-weight woven fabrics, 44”/45” wide. Do not use stretchy fabrics such as wovens with lycra content, or knits.
–Metric Conversion Chart included with each pattern–