Glam up your wardrobe with Boho Cloche hats. Reminiscent of the flapper hat of the roaring 1920’s, this cloche (French for “bell”) offers a comfy design that flatters every face shape. Perfect for a day in or a night out, the Boho Cloche embodies French flair in a carefree style that is tres magnifique!
BOHO CLOCHE HAT (S, M, or L – see chart below)
• 1/2 yd fabric*
• 1/2 yd lining fabric*
• 1/2 yd flannel for interlining, 44/45″ wide
(skip if using thick fabric for hat, such as velveteen)
• 1/3 yd fusible interfacing, 20″+ wide
• 3/4 yd double-fold bias tape, 7/8″ wide
• 1 1/2 yd drapey ribbon or cording,
• 1/4 yd fabric* or scraps for Flower
• Sew-on pin back or safety pin
Pins, scissors, iron, hand-sewing needle, seam ripper, water-soluble marking pen
* Suitable fabrics include quilting-weight cotton, light-weight canvas, denim, cotton velveteen, bark cloth, etc., 44/45”+ wide. Follow fabric-manufacturer’s care instructions.
HAT SIZE / HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE